C&J Energy SR Mechanical Engineer in San Angelo, Texas
Job Title: Sr. Mechanical Engineer-Completions
Company/Department: Research & Technology
The senior mechanical engineer is responsible for developing and supporting oil field equipment used by C&J Energy, to deliver services to customers. Candidate will work with Operations and Sales to understand the product requirements, and then work independently or within a team, to develop a product that meets the requirements. Candidate will develop and oversee testing programs to verify product performance, and interface with Manufacturing to produce a cost effective product safely. May manage large projects and supervise the designers and technicians that make up the project team.
- Design, evaluation, testing, failure analysis of fracturing equipment.
- Combines field experience with engineering principles to improve existing designs.
- Manages field tests- New products as well as sustaining improvements.
- Root cause analysis of field failures.
- Monitor and provide technical input for Customer Acceptance Testing of new and rebuilt equipment.
- Write technical documentation: Customer Acceptance Tests, unit specifications, best practices documents, technical reports, etc.
- Introduce new equipment to the field including operator training and commissioning.
- Participates in design reviews, blending engineering principles with field experience.
- Able to operate blenders, chemical add units, pumpers at test facilities and for training.
- Familiar with fracturing software commonly used at our field locations.
- Participate in team efforts to continually improve the product development process.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work duties and follow through on action items.
- Maintain effective working relationships with team, and subordinates.
- Field experience in fracturing or Coil Tubing.
Minimum Required Education, Credentials, Licenses and Experience:
- BS or MS in ME or a related field.
- Can edit and do limited CAD work.
- Exposure in oilfield equipment design and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled